Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Start with Series 1 and begin with Song 1. Series 1 is comprised of 10 songs, 8 of which have three movements and 2 of which have only one movement each. Most of the songs are about 15 minutes long, and each song was recorded in one sitting, even if it has 3 movements. Try to listen to all of Series 1 each day if you can. Later you can add Series 2, 3 and 4 and whatever music Beth will be recording as we go along. As you progress through the music, you might feel drawn to listen more often to one song or another. Experiment with it. But try not to ignore certain songs because they may be just the ones you need to hear.
Try to use good speakers or headphones so you can experience the vibrations of the sound. And try to listen intently AT LEAST half an hour a day, turning it to a volume that penetrates you. The more you listen, the more the impact the music will have. You might want to listen several times during the day including before sleep, progressing through the series during the day You may also want to tune in while walking, exercising, doing artwork or chanting – something that is not mental. If you can add additional times of listening to the music while doing other things, you might listen like cooking or washing dishes. But impact is greatest when you just listen or listen while chanting or doing movement.
Good question. But here's the irony. The reason you might consider counseling is that the music DOES work, and people have reactions. For example, some people can't bring themselves to listen, some start having unusual visions or thoughts, some have more dreams, some feel annoyed while listening. Why? Because the music pushes us forward and brings us closer to becoming our real selves. For some of us, that can feel very threatening. Relationships could be altered. Our attitudes might change. Realizations will come to us. We or our lives could be transformed.
We may FEEL that our safety is threatened because we are breaking old patterns. We may not even be aware that this is what’s happening. Insightful individual or group support can make the difference between moving forward and giving up. Beth offers individual counseling, as well as groups or events specifically using the music, and she helps people process their reactions. You may have your own counselor or support system that can help either instead of Beth or as well. Whichever you use, for best results, we recommend you do something to support yourself through your changes. And don't give up.
- First, of course, become a member at any level, or make a donation. Go to Memberships & Donations to see how.
- Draw, paint, dance, do movement, make videos, chant or otherwise interact with the music. Once you are a subscriber, you can submit your original pictures or videos to us. Some of these may be displayed on the website.
- Join our online Community Forum
- Donate or help fundraise to keep this website going, alive & vibrant. Money is needed to produce, maintain and expand the website, as well as to bring it to the awareness of the world. Also, scholarships can be created for people who can’t afford subscriptions, retreats or groups. Please go to Memberships & Donations to take action.
- Attend our special events, participate in groups, workshops and retreats
- Spread the word. Spread the music.
- Keep up your membership, and increase your membership level if you can. Listen to the new music as it becomes available.
- Because the music has helped me or others, and I want to continue benefiting from all it offers, including new music and the Community Forum.
- Because I love the idea of the Healing Arts Explosion and want to be on the ground floor of something so new and exciting.
- Because I know everything costs money, and this website and endeavor cost quite a lot. I believe in its mission, and I want to support its existence.
- Because I want to be a participant in this Healing Arts community and be part of its growth.
- Because I know that the basic subscription doesn’t cover the site’s expenses.
- Because I see amazing potential in this work, and I want to support its spread, including outreach of all kinds, which costs money.
- Because I can afford it and I believe music and other arts can impact and transform consciousness so that we can co-create a healthier, more loving world.
- Because I will get extra benefits as my membership or donation level increases.
- For details about the different membership and donor levels, check out our Memberships & Donations Page.
Go to your membership profile and choose the subscription tab/link. This tab shows the renewal status of the subscription (either enabled to rebill, paused, or stopped if the subscription has been canceled). The billing terms of the subscription along with the next billing date will be shown if applicable.
On the far right of each subscription, the last column will present available options. The options that you see will be based on the current status of your subscription, which are all explained below:
Update - this option is conditional on you having an active, automatically recurring subscription. Clicking this link will allow you to update your credit card information.
Change Plan - Clicking this will trigger the 'Change Plan Pop-Up' where you can easily upgrade or downgrade.
Pause - this option is conditional on you having an active, automatically recurring subscription. Clicking this will pause your subscription.
Resume - this option is conditional on the user having a paused, automatically recurring subscription. Clicking this will resume your subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the new billing to fully process and update your subscription to active should the latest transaction already have expired.
Cancel - this option is conditional on the user having an active, automatically recurring subscription. One-time payment subscriptions (Benefactor Level) will not have a cancel option because there is no future billing to avoid. Clicking this will cancel any future billings for the subscription. Important note: canceling does not equal an inactive subscription. The subscription will only become inactive once all future billings have ended or been canceled and the last transaction associated with the subscription has expired.
Subscribe/Renew - These links can be used if you would like to repurchase a past membership. If your subscription expired and has no other memberships active in the same upgrade path, it will say Subscribe.
The Stream is a 501(c)3, Non-Profit Organization, founded in 1983 and incorporated as a non-profit in 2001. How did we get here?
Founder Beth Green had been a full-time social activist for most of her adult life. She had no spiritual orientation or training in psychology. Then, quite unexpectedly, she had a spiritual awakening in 1978 and an intuitive awakening in 1980. At that point, she was 35 years old. The day of her awakening, she became an intuitively-guided counselor, and the rest is history: the counseling, the workshops, the original thinking, the books, the music, the videos and more. When she began this journey, Beth hadn’t the slightest idea where it was all going, but in 1983, inner guidance directed her to call her work The Stream, the Process of Becoming Who You Already Are. From that time forward, people gathered around her to take advantage of her counseling and original teachings, all of which were intuited. As the years passed, the community applied for nonprofit status, and the organization was granted that status in 2001.
Always dedicated to service, to promoting healing and higher consciousness, Stream activities have taken many forms over the years, but its purpose never wavered: to promote oneness, accountability and mutual support, to co-create a world that nurtures people and the earth, and to create innovative healing modalities, which could in turn enable people to become more of a blessing to themselves, one another and all.